Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Toot Toot - Tuut Tuut


Anita Hirvonen recorded "Tuut Tuut" in 1986 for his album "Anna aikaa rakkaudelle". It was also released as a single but - for some reason - Anita didn't score with it. The original song "My Toot Toot" was written and first recorded by an American R&B, zydeco, and soul musician Sidney Simien aka Rockin' Sidney. He began recording in the late 1950s, but his big moment came in 1984 when "My Toot Toot" made him internationally known. Sidney released it on his third album "My Zydeco Shoes Got the Zydeco Blues". "My Toot Toot" became a national and international million-selling hit and it was the first zydeco record to get major airplay on pop, rock and country radio stations. You can see Sidney perform the song, here. American R&B and soul singer Denise LaSalle made a version (that must have inpired Anita), and made the UK Singles Chart reaching number 6. You can hear her version, here.

Here's the pair:

No comments: