Sunday, October 24, 2010

And I'll Be There - Tässä olen vain


On the B-side of the 1970 hit "Kesäaikaan" (finnpicked here) of the group Ernos was this little ditty called "Tässä olen vain" (I'm just being here). It was a duet performed by the lead vocalist Erno Lindahl and band member Kati Borg, and credited to them as Erno ja Kati. To my amazement I found out that this was the second Finnish cover of the nearly unknown US psychedelic/sunshine pop group Peppermint Rainbow. Actually this was the first one, becouse the other one by Markku Suominen (see it finnpicked, here) was done on the following year. These both songs and the famous "Green Tambourine" (finnpicked here) were written by Paul Leka. (And perhaps the most famous one "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" is yet to come.) So his writing really appealed us Finns. This "And I'll Be There" was on the B-side of Peppermint Rainbow's Top Ten single "Will You Be Staying After Sunday" in 1969.


Here's the pair:

No comments: